2009年12月27日 星期日

Mathias Lauridsen & Freja Beha Erichsen - TV Interview


Translation (Courtesy of Sabrina and her cousin; Edited by me):
TV2 Anchor: Freja Beha Erichsen has made a fast career for herself in the international fashion world and is now in the absolutely top tier. Last night, the Danish fashion world paid tribute to their two supermodels.

Narrator: Music stars, well-known TV personalities, and political figures gathered on this night to pay tribute to the Danish fashion world. Naturally, models and designers also took part in Denmark's first fashion awards, as carried out by Danish fashion royalty Kim Grenaa and Uffe Buchard.

Susanne Bjerrehuus: We are on the world map, and it is something to celebrate.

Narrator: And it was indeed a celebration, although that came a little late for Susanne Bjerrehuus' own model son. But she, herself, was allowed to hand out the award to the male model of the year.

Susanne Bjerrehuus: Mathias Lauridsen.

Narrator: And Freja Beha Erichsen recevied her award as the female model of the year from Erik Brandt and Jokeren (A Danish musician).

Erik Brandt: She always allows her attitude and personality to show through her work.

TV2 Anchor: And that is how it looks when prizes are presented in Copenhagen's night life. Welcome Uffe Buchard, Mathias Lauridsen, and Freja Beha Erichsen. It is not very often that I welcome someone with the name Beha Erichsen.

Freja: You probably do not do that, no.

TV2 Anchor: Just like my own name. Isn't this nice? Because we are actually cousins, but we've never met each other before now.

Freja: It is funny.

TV2 Anchor: Hi Freja. Do you think we look alike? A little bit? Can you tell?

Uffe Buchard: Uhm, yes, a bit.

TV2 Anchor: How does it feel to be a top model, traveling around in the big world, and then coming home to receive an award like this? Is it good?

Freja: Yes, it is.

Mathias: Yes, I think so. It's...every pat on the shoulder is welcome. You just take it as a pat on the shoulder and recognition that you are doing good work.

Freja: Precisely.

Mathias: Of course it is always great.

TV2 Anchor: Uffe, you have been taking part in arranging these fashion awards. And you were also in the jury.

Uffe: Yes.

TV2 Anchor: Why did Mathias and Freja deserve their respective awards?

Uffe: Yes, I only cast my own vote. There are 250 people who have been involved, from both the Danish and foreign fashion industries. Also, there has been a panel of judges -- a hardcore, inner circle of 20 people -- who made the final selections. And I would say the choice here wasn't that hard. We have 2 world-class stars here.

TV2 Anchor: Yes. And what is special about what they have accomplished? In comparison to other models, that is.

Uffe: Well, what I think a good model should be able to do today is not only to be pretty - that is simply not enough. A good model today should also be a type of challenge to one's senses. You potentially go on an adventure based on the appearance of models today, and therefore, it is about much more than appearance. These days we often talk about a certain "X-factor," and that is what you have to have.

TV2 Anchor (to M & F): Do you have the X-factor? Do you wake up in the morning and think that you possess it?

Freja: You obviously don't do that.

Mathias: I don't really like the term "X-factor" much.

Uffe: No, but you have to showcase yourself. You have to be more like a real person than a doll. You are not supposed to be a model in that way anymore, like in the 80's and 90's. Things have been changing.

TV2 Anchor: There has to be more personality.

Uffe: Yes. And if you are not a well-balanced person and if you haven't experienced some things, and so on. I don't know about myself but I know they have.

Freja: Yes, I guess we have.

TV2 Anchor: Mathias, how did you get into it - how did you start your model career?

Mathias: I started it the way, I think, most boys start. I don't think it's the same path for boys as for girls - it's not that princess dream. Most boys start with being approached by someone and asked whether or not they want it to be their profession.

TV2 Anchor: This is actually the first "modeling photo" of yours, it's supposed to go on screen in a moment. How does this happen? Your father was involved, right? Did he say, "You look good, boy. You need to have some photos taken of you?"

Uffe: I actually remember you having that hair.

Mathias: I can actually remember that, too. Never has it been so long since then.

Freja: It is very cute.

Uffe: He's a rather cute girl.

TV2 Anchor: Freja, you are 20 years old now. There are these lists over the hottest or the best model in the world - Mathias you are number 1 at the moment - and Freja, you are no. 11. How did you get involved in all this?

Freja: Uhm, I was stopped on the street - at Gamle Parkvej (Old King's Road). And I thought, "Well then."

TV2 Anchor: Someone who thought here are some Beha Erichsen genes that can be put to use.

Freja: Yes, that's exactly what it was. Then I thought, "Why not?" So I went for it, and I have been doing it since.

TV2 Anchor: You haven't regretted anything?

Freja: I have never regretted that.

TV2 Anchor: Is a model life good for you? There are many who dream of such a profession and think that it must be the best in the world.

Freja: I like it. I think it's a nice job.

Mathias: I'm certainly not dissatisfied with it. It is probably not the job people actually imagine it to be when they think it's the best in the world, but I'm also very happy about my job.

Freja: Yes.

Mathias: I appreciate the many freedoms it offers.

TV2 guy: It is not necessarily the most long-life job.

Freja: It probably isn't.

Mathias: No.

TV2 guy: How long can one keep working as a model?

Freja: Well, I will keep working for as long as I can. As long as there is something to do. And afterwards, you will come up with something else to do.

TV2 Anchor: Yes, life is fortunately long.

Freja: Exactly. It is.

TV2 Anchor: Congratulations with the prizes. Thank you for coming.

Mathias, Freja & Uffe: Thanks. You're welcome.

沒有留言:

張貼留言