2011年1月8日 星期六

Andrew Cooper Interview

-Hello Andrew, I am really flattered  to interview you,  just to start it off, though you're really famous, please  give me some background information.

I was born in Manchester England in 1981 the youngest of three (older brother and sister). As for education I was not so good with conforming in my youth and spent my time between schools. At sixteen I was spotted and started modelling with Models 1 alongside a record deal in London and moved to the south of England. I live now with my wife Jane and two kids in Cheshire near Manchester. I moved back from London when I had my daughter Taylor 2 years ago. I live in a 17th century farmhouse in the middle of the country. I need a little quite time for me after travelling all the time.


-Did you have any idea about what was involved in being a model?

As I said before I started by chance and was never really focused on it as a career I was just interested in making some easy money and meeting girls when I was 16 and didn't really know much about the fashion business models etc.


-How did you get your first modelling job and was it like?

If I am being honest I cannot even remember that it was a long time ago but I did a few Topman shoots in the beginning which were always allot of fun and we got to travel to some good places.


-In your opinion, which campaign marked the beginning of "a new level" in your career and made you one of the most successful male models?

I don't know its difficult to say whether it was the Topman jobs when I was young that started the ball rolling or something like Giorgio Armani which was a great job and good exposure. It was probably the season Agyness Deyn really hit the top and it was shot by Mert and Marcus.


-On the fashion industry: who are the people that you really loved to work with?

Designers I love to work with are for different reasons, like Polo I love to work for and have done for maybe 6 years because the jobs are always great, the team of people, the locations are always top class. A label I love is Bottega Veneta the design and quality is amazing and I also think that Tomas Maier is a really great guy and very talented. He actually gave me advice on where to go on my honeymoon and got me some clothes for my wedding which was really nice of him. Photographers I loved working with the most would be Paolo Roversi and Peter Lindbergh for me they are just really great people and easy to work with who also happen to take the most amazing images. I also loved the whole polaroid time it was amazing to shoot on large format. Models who are good friends are Will Chalker, Tommy Dunn and Tyson Ballou.


-What was the funniest work that you have done as a model so far?

I don't know where to start there are some crazy things places people and outfits in this job...


-Tell me about your professional plans: apart from modelling, what else would you like to pursue or are you already pursuing?


I have a couple of pet shops in London in Notting Hill called THE MUTZ NUTZ. With regards to where and what I will do in the future I am not 100% sure as at the moment work just seems to get busier every year.


-What are you most passionate about and why?

I love animals and have 2 American bulldogs and 3 cats. Also I am big into boxing/thai boxing which I have been doing since I was 12. When I moved to my new house I built a boxing gym on the grounds which is where I spend allot of my time.


-I know you've have been travelling around the world, where you would like to live other than where you do now?

If I could live anywhere it would be at this house in Malibu I have shot in right on the beach but for me family is important and it is too far away. Realistically if I was to move I would live in New York as it would be nice to work and come home at night.

from Covermenmag 

沒有留言:

張貼留言